[ODE] documentation initiative

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 09:34:21 MST 2004

Hi,
 I'm all for it, I think your reasoning is 100%
accurate. If ODE is to be used by people with no
knowledge of the source this has to be done. And it
will reduce the amount of re-occurring questions to
the list.

 Good idea,
Shaul

--- Mike Reinstein <web_fella at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

a thought:

I was thinking, a tutorial section on the ode site
would be invaluable...it seems like there is a heck of
a lot of repetitive questions on how to do similar
things. While wiki contributions are great, I've found
that they are not scalable information systems in and
of themselves. a tutorial section would provide a nice
way to prune information out of the mailing list and
put it some centralized location to reduce answer
replication (ie answering the same questions over and
over). At my full time job, I develop a phpbb/phpnuke
site and direct operations for our support staff. I'd
be happy to take a stab at setting up a phpnuke system
for us if you guys think this would help and if Russ
is willing to either integrate it with his site, or at
least provide a high visibility link.

what do you folks think?

Mike Reinstein
web_fella at hotmail.com