[ODE] Objects fail to collide in debug mode, but behave properly in release mode?

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Wed Apr 7 07:42:29 MST 2004

Just what the subject title says.  I'm reasonably sure I have an idea of the
problem, though...

the nOpende addition to Nebula 2 ships with a pre-compiled ODE binary
(0.039, I think - a few months old), but only the one binary - it's
release-compiled, as far as I know.

If someone attempted to compile a debug application with a release-compiled
ODE lib, could that cause the above problem?  The strange thing is, it's
spotty - some people report the PhysDemo works fine in both debug and
release, some (myself and others) find it works fine in release but not in
debug, and still others report it doesn't work in EITHER debug or release.

I'm perfectly willing to hear that there's a bug in my PhysDemo causing
this, but if it's that, I'm at a loss for where to begin - the collision
callback is called properly, the contact joints are created properly,
everything, the objects just don't feel like colliding when the bug is
present.  I can apply forces to them properly, they just don't stop when
they collide with eachother.

Thanks!
-Megan Fox