[ODE] saving internal joint state

Matthew D. Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 6 14:02:21 MST 2004

Yes, there are a number of emails that Google knows about that discuss
saving and loading; I have read them already.  None of them discuss
the issue of hidden joint state.  They focus either on totally obvious
things like setting velocities or on subtle ways to avoid introducing
or altering numerical errors.

Quoth Martin C. Martin:
> That's all right, I don't think anything from Ames every makes it near
> real life anyway...  ;)

Yeah, for the most part that's true; we are mainly a pure research
center these days.  There are exceptions to that rule, but I am not
one of them. :)

mdh

Matt Hancher
NASA Ames Research Center