[ODE] ODE on Pocket PC

Robert Rose rose at cafwap.net
Fri Apr 2 03:09:52 MST 2004

Well I got ODE working on Pocket PC.  Not much needed to be changed
actually--the reason I was having troubles before was I didn't notice
that I was including .cpp files that weren't supposed to be included,
and I was also including the trimesh collision stuff that relies on
OPCODE.  (OPCODE is going to be much tougher to port btw.. I have no
intentions of porting it either..)  The rest of the changes were pretty
much ifdef's to replace WIN32-only calls with WinCE equivalents.

So I don't mind contributing my changes back.  Who do I talk to?  Oh
great keepers of ye' code vault, grant me thy powers...

Issues with my little Pocket PC port:

* I can't figure it out but for some reason if you compile an ARM debug
target everything blows up on the 2-3 collision.  Compiling ARM release
everything works fine.  Oh well.

* I didn't bother porting the stopwatch interfaces provided in
timer.cpp.. I have my own I use anyways.

* The first assertion in dCollideSpherePlane always fails on PPC.  I
commented it out.  I don't understand why skip has to be greater than
the size of a dContactGeom struct..  Can someone explain?

-robert