[ODE] ODE Build help needed - win2000 MSVC

Siedle, Pete p.siedle at vr-centre.com
Fri Apr 2 10:13:51 MST 2004

Hi ODE'ers

Now that I've managed to get a test mail through to the group, I can try
asking a real question :o)
Sorry, if the test mail I made (with my standard sig file) offended / upset
anyone.

Anyway, I've just downloaded the latest release and am trying to build (on
win2000 using MSCV).

I followed the instructions (I think to the letter), but got an error (at
the build oif the configurator).
I did a google
The answer seemed to be (and I quote):search and came across the same error
description in one of this lists earlier archives:

q12.org/pipermail/ode/2002-March/005083.html

'I think the problem is that vcvars32.bat doesn't set the path correctly. So
I set the paths manually.'
I did as instructed, ie set the paths manually, and did a make.

This resulted in a different error:

C:\Documents and Settings\siggy\My Documents\physics engine
code\ode-0.039>make
cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DSHAREDLIBEXPORT= /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT= /DdDOUBLE
/DdDEBUG_ALLOC
/Fe configurator.exe configurator.c
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'configurator.exe', object file assumed
configurator.c
configurator.c(60) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from
declaration
LINK : fatal error LNK1149: output filename matches input filename
"C:\Documents and Settings\siggy\
My Documents\physics engine code\ode-0.039\configurator.exe"
make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2

Configurator.obj was built, but no configurator.exe file :o(

Can anyone help me here to get ODE to build?

Many thanks in advance

Pete