[ODE] ODE's Jacobian matrices

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 30 23:50:24 MST 2003

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > IIRC, this has something to do with sin(x) ~= x for
> > small |x|.  When x isn't small, craziness ensues.
>
> In that case, finding a jacobian with dC(q)/dt is an
> approximation.  Gary, where'd you hear about this?

I read something to this effect on this list.  Now that I think about it though,
this was in the context of *un*constrained spinning objects gaining energy and
eventually "exploding", so it's probably quaternion integration rather than
constraints at issue.

Sorry for the confusion, it was late. ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.