[ODE] Collision force

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat Sep 27 20:37:24 MST 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Dino Patti wrote:

> How can i compute the force of the collisions between to objects? Is
> the penetration depth safe to use and is it proportional with the
> collision force?

Penetration depth depends a lot on the speed with which two objects
collide, and also on the time-step duration.  It will be zero when one
object rests on another, so it's not useful for force computation.

I *think* that the joint feedback API would give you the information
you're looking for, but I haven't actually tried using it yet.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA