[ODE] segfault on stepfast

Vukasin Toroman vtoroman at astaro.com
Fri Sep 26 12:59:05 MST 2003

Hi,
this is my first post to this list so please excuse me if someone has
already posted this.

I have compiled ode 0.39 using gcc3.2 on a Gentoo system (I downloaded
the sources from sourceforge, I did not use the ebuild).
It compiles without a problem.

Now here's the thing:

When I start the tests all sorts of problems come up:
  - test_crash segfaults when stepfast is turned on
  - test_collision returns:
        testing batch 1 (1000 reps)...
        testing batch 2 (10000 reps)...
          1: test_sphere_point_depth       : ok
          2: test_box_point_depth          : ok
          3: test_ccylinder_point_depth    : ok
          4: test_plane_point_depth        : ok
         10: test_ray_and_sphere           : ok
         11: test_ray_and_box              : ok
         12: test_ray_and_ccylinder        : ok
         13: test_ray_and_plane            : ok
        100: test_dBoxTouchesBox           : ok
        101: test_dBoxBox                  : FAILED (0.02%) at line 1198

My guess is that both problems are caused by the same bug in box to box
collision test.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Cheers,
Vukasin