[ODE] Triangle Mesh Problem (Another one :P)

Julian Spillane julian at entermail.net
Wed Sep 10 15:47:11 MST 2003

Hey all,

I've been having a bit of a problem with triangle
mesh collision. To be specific, some meshes of
mine seem to work with it flawlessly, while
others don't seem to be parsing the vertices and
indices in the same way as they're being
displayed.

For example, I created, in 3D Studio MAX an
inclined plane from a box. Nothing too
complicated. So, I exported it to a .3ds file,
parsed it into my engine, converted the vertices
into an array of dVector3's, converted the
indices into an [n][3] array of ints, and then
passed them all in. My object simply fell through
the plane. So, not one to give up, I made a
sphere. I parsed it in, yadda yadda, and my
object seemed to interact with it flawlessly.

Now, this poses a big problem to me as I don't
know what to fix. And yes, before anyone asks,
I've ensured that the data I'm passing in matches
the vertex and index data of the model. I'm just
stumped. :/

If anyone can help, it will be greatly
appreciated.

Best Regards,