[ODE] re:PS2

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Mon Sep 8 03:35:02 2003

> Our Barcelona-based team ported ODE successfully to PS2. The final outcome
> will be presented in Ubisoft game: "Mosters 4x4: Masters of Metal".

Very interesting!

> We were able to simulate 6 physics cars (with separated bodies for
> the wheels and four hinge2 joints)and a couple of simple bodies at the
> same time and at 60 fps.

Can you reveal some details, eg. whether you used ODEs collision detection
or not, stepfast or not etc. Were there any diffuculties in getting ODE
working stably enough for a quality game (eg. I've had many tri-mesh related
problems, lots of tuning and "special case" hacks to get working
reasonably)?

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/