[ODE] Objects getting stuck with tri-mesh

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 3 00:55:01 2003

Flavien Brebion wrote:
> http://www.fl-tw.com/LightSpeed/stuck.jpg
>
> Now the question: what's a robust way to fix it?

Just off the top of my head, for a rough solution that can be
implemented from the app, how about discarding the contact
points whose correction normals have a >0 dot product
with the normalized vector of the sum of the velocities of
the two colliding objects?

Alternatively, if your colliding objects are generally
'mostly convex' so an object's centroid falls within the
volume of its shell, similarly discard a contact point
between two objects if its correction normal doesn't point
away from the average of the centroids (ie. isn't actively
seeming to try to pull the two objects apart again).

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"I am NOT a nut!  I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"