[ODE] CVS help

Matthews, Steve USA swmatthe at nps.navy.mil
Mon Sep 1 03:11:02 2003

Hey, I hadn't had a chance to get back to the list on the issue of anonymous cvs access.  I got a response back from the sourceforge admin, who pointed me to http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1, so feel free to read it yourself as well; there's a lot of info, but they didn't really answer my question.

A solution to the anonymous access, for anyone who can't get to it, if you are a sourceforge member, is to use your sourceforge shell account. Using ssh, you can cvs sourceforge files to your shell account, and sftp those files from the account.  Your mysf.net page, (when you log in to sourceforge) tells you how.

I stress, however, that if you do this, that you strictly adhere to removing files as soon as you are done moving them to your home machine, as you are not supposed to leave any files not associated with management of your own project on your shell account.

Hope that answered the question for some, anyway.  Sorry it's not better,

   -- Bootshine