[ODE] Suspicious suspension

Nate W coding at natew.com
Fri Oct 24 13:01:42 MST 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Steve Yates wrote:

> If I were to build my own suspension, how can I use more than one
> joint to connect 2 bodies (ie chassis to wheel). Do I make a joint
> group and attach the bodies using that?

No joint groups are necessary.  In any case, you probably do not want more
than one joint attached to the same two bodies.  That would probably just
lock the two bodies together.

Here's a buggy with double-wishbone suspension:
http://www.natew.com/juice/images/buggy2.jpg

The steering linkage looks a bit odd, but just trust me when I say that
the 'handlebars' are connected to the bodies that are connected to the
front wheels.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA