[ODE] Switching from Drawstuff to My own graphics engine

smythst smythst at tcd.ie
Sun Oct 19 15:04:00 MST 2003

I've been playing around with ODE, and using Drawstuff for quick prototyping.
However now the time has come to integrate my car physics into an already
written graphics engine. Problem is I'm not exactly sure how to handle the sim
loop myself. How should I call dWorldStep() - I mean how often, and where in
my ode code. I've read that you should have a seperate ticker for your physics
engine (from the graphics one) and that the physics ticker should be faster.
Is this true, and why?

Cheers.