[ODE] ANN : Update ODE distribution!!!

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Fri Oct 17 19:05:16 MST 2003

        Hi, it's me again :)

        I'd like to make clear why we need an dMassSetTriMesh():
            1) Rigid body's mass is physical properties that will affect
            the way object response to forces....
            2) Use a 3000+ polys trimesh in simulator is very
            expensive.
            3) So think of : use a sets of basic geom as "proxies"
            instead of 3000+ trimesh. Then set the object mass to the
            mass of that 3000+ trimesh, so we have an object :
                 + "collide" as the real one
                 + physical properties as the real one
                 + Very cheap compare to the real one.

        Am I wrong? Actually, I'm experimenting that but the results
        was still not clear as I can't spend much time on it.

        Happy coding!

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh