[ODE] ANN : Update ODE distribution!!!

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Fri Oct 17 09:25:30 MST 2003

Nguyen Binh wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         For anyone have problem accessing or compiling latest CVS of
>         ODE in Windows:
>
>         I've updated my own package of ODE.
>         Specs:
>               + Add dMassSetTriMesh() function to ODE.
>               + Windows specific with VC.NET 2003 and VC 6 workspace.
>               + Add Terrain and Cone geom to ODE core
>               + Remove many redundant dSetZero() calls in Step and
>               StepFast1 rountine to gain some performance.

I'm trying to pick apart the precise differences between this
and CVS-HEAD so that the juicy bits can be tested individually
and submitted back to Russ for inclusion in CVS.  (It would be
good if you could try to do this yourself Nguyen, but...)

The thing I'm most interested in isolating is the removal of
many dSetZero() calls, which seems like a universally useful
optimization.  I'll try to get to those first.

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"i18n ought to be abbreviated i2n to make it quicker to write!"-snout