[ODE] does ODE need convex polyhedra collision?

Sergio Valverde svalverde at barcelona.ubisoft.es
Tue Oct 14 09:48:39 MST 2003

>> I think (only guessing now - I haven't even started implementinganything)

>> the final contact(s) can be found from the final simplex pair in GJK
>>case. As

While it is true that the solution must be found from the simplex pair
(or closests features) returned by the algorithm, this is not a simple task!
Would be great if some people on the list could point us to relevant
references/source code providing _detailed_ explanations about this.

In general, it is interesting to investigate these closest features
algorithms but ALL these algorithms in their original form are "not"
suitable to compute the full list of penetrating contacts.

I wonder if the Gino's book contains some information on the subject.

Sergi Valverde