[ODE] WHICH SDK TO USE

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Tue Oct 14 09:47:57 MST 2003

> Iam developing Physics Engine for a Simulation Based Game Engine. I have
two
> options for SDK which are OpenDE and Tokamak. I would like to know that
> which one is better and what are the features of OpenDE that are not
> available in Tokamak and vice versa.

Try both. Choose one. :)

The last time I've read Tokamak docs, it's collision system seemed to have
only simple geometrical primitives (sphere/box/capsule etc.) and a "terrain
collider". In some cases it's just not enough. I'm not saying ODE's
TriCollider is perfect, but at least it is, and you have something to tweak
until it works good :)

A while ago someone in this list said that generally Tokamak is somewhat
faster (compared to ODE's StepFast solver - Tokamak also seems to use
iterative solver).

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/