[ODE] No tutorials? Really?

Tim Field nobbis at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Sat Oct 11 21:11:42 MST 2003

I personally don't understand what benefit a tutorial would give.  The
available information out there includes:

  - comprehensive, well-written illustrated documentation (including a
step-by-step overview of a typical simulation loop, a link to a
rigid-body simulation tutorial, and a FAQ)
  - well-commented source code
  - around a dozen commented self-contained examples of varying lengths
  - a Wiki, and a mailing-list archive of the past two years

Specifically, what more do you need?

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 10:53, Shaul Kedem wrote:
> With respect, Having a tutorial is just another
> convenient way relaying an idea. Would you ask why
> there are so many examples in a IP masquerading HOWTO?

No.  In fact I mentioned the many examples in ODE in my post.

> Would you query the reasoning behind opengl tutorials?

No.  I appreciate the reasoning behind tutorials.

> ODE is a tool, and as such should be available to
> anyone who wishes to use it.

What point are you making here?  ODE *is* available to anyone who wishes to
use it.

t.