[ODE] Trimesh problem?

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Fri Oct 10 10:28:36 MST 2003

j6c>  Even at low speeds, collision with a tree usually
j6c> results in me getting stuck inside the tree,

     How do you feed tree's geometries to ODE? It'd better if you feed
     a generic shape of such object to ODE, ex : a capped cylinder
     instead of tri mesh of tree and leafs,.etc...
     Generally,think of a simpler proxy object instead of complete tri
     mesh.

     I think the collision detection of ODE is good but contact
     genaration is not (and so do other commercial libs ???)

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer