[ODE] Building ODE 0.039 for MSVC

Filami Filami filami at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:47:48 MST 2003

Hi ppl! I've tried to build the last ODE lib for MSVC!!

Here what I've maked:

-I've downloaded the last release from the site
-unpacked it to c:\ode-0.039
-downloaded the make file and i've put it on the c:\ode-0.039
-I've changed the user-settings:

# ODE user settings: the following variables must be set by the user

# (1) the platform to use. this name should have a corresponding
#     makefile.PLATFORM file. currently supported platforms are:
#       msvc		microsoft visual C/C++
#       msvc-dll	microsoft visual C/C++, create a DLL
#       mingw		minimalist GNU for windows
#       cygwin		cygnus GNU for windows
#       unix-gcc	GNU gcc on unix
#       unix-generic	generic unix compiler. you may need to edit the CC
#			variable in makefile.unix-generic
#	osx		Mac OS-X, with the gnu compiler.

PLATFORM=msvc

# (2) the floating point precision to use (either "SINGLE" or "DOUBLE")

PRECISION=SINGLE
#PRECISION=DOUBLE

# (3) the library type to build (either "debug" if you are doing
development,
#     or "release" for the optimized library)

#BUILD=debug
BUILD=release

# (4) if you are using an old version of MS-Windows that has command line
#     length limitations then you will need to set this to "1". otherwise,
#     leave it at "0".

WINDOWS16=0

# (5) ODE's collision system had a major change around 7/Nov/2002. The API
of
#     the new code is 99% compatible with the old ... however, some legacy
#     applications may rely on subtle details of the old system. Uncomment
#     this variable if you know you need to use the old code, otherwise
#     leave it commented for all new development.

#ODE_OLD_COLLISION=1

# (6) If you want to use the TriList (triangle mesh) geometry class, you
must
#     have the OPCODE library installed somewhere. If this is the case then
#     uncomment the following variable and set it to point to the directory
#     where OPCODE is installed (note that you must have already compiled
#     OPCODE, ODE's build system will not do that for you).
#     See http://www.codercorner.com/Opcode.htm for more information about
#     OPCODE. A recent version of OPCODE is provided in the ODE distribution
#     in the OPCODE subdirectory. This code was originally written for and
#     compiled on windows, but it has been ported so that it should compile
#     under unix/gcc too. Your mileage may vary.

#OPCODE_DIRECTORY=OPCODE

-I've run the vcvars32.bat. This is the return:

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ Tools

-Then I've hit make to build ODE and this is the return:

cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DSHAREDLIBEXPORT= /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT= /DdSINGLE
/DdNO
DEBUG  /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC
/DSHAREDLIBEXPORT
= /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT= /DdSINGLE /DdNODEBUG /Feconfigurator.exe
configurator.c, ..
.) failed.
make (e=2): O sistema nÒo conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado.
make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2

Note: My sistem is portuguese so "O sistema nÒo conseguiu localizar o
ficheiro especificado." means some kind of "The system was unable to find
the specified file" or something like that!

Has you can see, it end's up on a error and I thinck I've maked all right!