[ODE] Single/Double Precision Errors in test_ode.cpp

coberr at scottsdaleins.com coberr at scottsdaleins.com
Mon Oct 6 11:55:37 MST 2003

Thanks in advance for any help.  I have been browsing the archives on this
- is there an easy way to search all of the archives?  Also, FYI - The link
to download all archives is broken.

I am using the latest stable release 0.39  on Linux.

If I compile with Single Precision, the test_trimesh and
test_moving_trimesh sample work fine.  (Except in test_trimesh every once
in a while a box may bounce off to infinity).  However, I get errors in
test_ode.cpp.  The errors are:

testMassFunctions()
      FAILED(1)
      passed(2)
      passed(3)
      passed(4)
      passed(5)
      passed(6)
      FAILED(7)
      FAILED(8)

dTestSolveLCP()

ODE INTERNAL ERROR: A*x = b+w, maximum difference....

If I compile with Double Precision then I get no errors at all in
test_ode.cpp, but the TriMesh samples do not work.  test_trimesh objects
always bounce to infinity and test_moving_trimesh displays a polygon soup
mess....

Thanks again for any help.