[ODE] pan tilt camera in ode

Thomas Riga thomas.riga at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 10:00:13 MST 2003

Hi,

I want to implement a pan-tilt camera into my ode project, so as to
provide my simulated agent with vision. The most obvious way to do it is
to adjust the viewpoint with dsSetViewPoint to the coordinates and
orientation of the agent's head, draw all objects, and then use the
resulting bit map as visual input. But this seems rather computationally
expensive. Does any of you know better ways to implement a vision system
with ode?

Thomas Riga
Adaptive Behaviour and Cognition Research Group
School of Computing, Communication and Electronics
Room A301 Portland Square Building
University of Plymouth
Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
UNITED KINGDOM