[ODE] ODE & Motion Sensors??

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 01:23:09 MST 2003

Any one working on setting body position based on
motion sensor data?

Say, I have pos(x,y,z) sensing device and would like
set the position of a body in ODE with read position
(in real time).

I know that directly setting the position using
dBodySetPosition is like violating the physics, and
hence I am using an alternative method. Where the
measured position pos(x,y,z) and the actual body which
has to be moved in ODE space are connected by a stiff
spring & damper. Of course this works but produces
vibrations.. damping wont happen..

 Does any one have better idea on this.....

 Thanks in advance..
Manohar
Scientist.
Centre for AI & Robotics