[ODE] More speed???

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Fri Nov 7 16:15:59 MST 2003

> I've strongly against using D3DX in ODE, especially in performance
> critical code. Conditional compilation and larger-grade performance
> optimized functions is much better, IMHO.

I agree on that also.

D3DX is "somewhat" optimized for vector/matrix/quat functions (better:
functions on arrays of them). But whatever function is called, it's not
inlined (those that are, are just plain C code with no SIMD).

For SIMDizing ODE, it's probably better to SIMDize the chunks of critical
code on the whole, than small operations for vector math.

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/