[ODE] More speed???

Pierre Terdiman pierre.terdiman at novodex.com
Fri Nov 7 12:17:45 MST 2003

>I've said this before, but one way of doing this pretty easily would be to
use
>Windows' DirectX vector and matrix manipulation functions, which take care
of
>all such craziness for you.  Yes, that would leave the Unii out in the cold
>(unless there's a Unix DirectX clone out there somewhere), but it'd be an
easy
>way to start.  And you could always create a small Unix SIMD
DirectX-compatible
>library later.

But AFAIK using D3DX for this prevents any kind of inlining. If you have to
do a library call for each basic vector operation involved in physics, you
can just forget it.

That is, until D3DX exposes higher-level functions like "SolveLCPProblem()"
or whatever, at which point we don't need ODE anymore :)

Pierre Terdiman

- Novodex AG (www.novodex.com)
- Personal : www.codercorner.com