[ODE] More speed???

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Thu Nov 6 15:27:46 MST 2003

Martin C. Martin wrote:
> Yes, then we'd only have 6 cases.  And the 2x2 case is trivial and the
> 3x3 case is pretty easy.  For the others, just unrolling loops would help.

I agree, though for the larger orders I'd rather let the compiler
unroll-or-not depending on the arch (the not-unrolled versions might
fit entirely in the icache, and the compiler should know better than
me about the cases in which it will).  Just calling a static function
with a constant supplied to the 'order' argument _should_ probably
just inline the optimal thing on recent-ish compilers.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3