[ODE] Re: Simulating Wheels

Amund Børsand amund at offroad.no
Thu Nov 6 11:48:31 MST 2003

Steve Baker <sjbaker1 at airmail.net> skreiv:

> Amund Børsand wrote:
> > When I said real-world parameters, I was primarily thinking about mass,
> > height of center of gravity, and dimensions.
>
> But without real world numbers for springs, dampers and friction, it won't
> behave realistically.

I agree - to a certain extend. Even if you could input Nm/s2 and stuff -
which numbers would you put in? I'm sure you'd have to experiment anyway.
Springs and dampers is no hokus - if it's too stiff, make it softer, if
it's too soft - make it stiffer. Make the parameters adjustable as you
drive and adjust them until you're happy. No problem.

--
Amund Børsand <amund £ offroad . no>