[ODE] Pointer Error

Jeff Weber jeffreyweber at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 18:41:02 2003

I recently got a new computer and now I get the following error.  The same
app runs fine on at least 2 other computers.

Any ideas on how to track this down?  Anyone see it before.   I'm using ode
thru a .net wrapper, the app runs for around 15 seconds then throws up the
error.

I'll dig thru my code looking for any possible pointer problems, just
thought i'd post and see if others have seen this.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
---------------------------
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\kssim\1SIM\VehicleEditor\bin\Debug\VehicleEditor.exe
File: dbgheap.c
Line: 1132

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

Here is line 1132 along with a code comment that was above it.

         * If this ASSERT fails, a bad pointer has been passed in. It may be
         * totally bogus, or it may have been allocated from another heap.
         * The pointer MUST come from the 'local' heap.
         */
        _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData));