[ODE] Use of GLUT for rendering

Shamyl Zakariya zakariya at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 15:21:02 2003

I had good luck with using glut for window management, albeit I'm
running on OSX. If you'd like the glut implementation I wrote, I'll
send it to you.

On my system, at least, I get no flicker. BTW, I do use glutIdleFunc; I
considered using glutTimerFunc, but idle worked so well I decided not
to bother.

Interested?

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 05:58  PM, Danesh Tarapore wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using GLUT for window management and rendering of the data from
> ODE. However I wanted to know what callback function to use, so that
> within the glutMainLoop() event handling loop, when that particular
> callback function is called to render a frame, the frames appear
> continous visually.
>
> I tried to use the callback glutIdleFunc(funcPtr) but the window
> refreshing itself is clearly visible. Even some sort of timer like
> sleep eithe makes the refreshment too slow/fast but still very much
> moticable
>
> Thanks,
> Danesh

<image.tiff>

> Do you Yahoo!?
Shamyl Zakariya
   "this is, after all, one of those movies where people spend a great
   deal of time looking at things and pointing."
	From a review of _Fantastic Voyage_