[ODE] Yet another question about servo emulation

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat May 24 14:03:02 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Shamyl Zakariya wrote:

> Hey, I'll be damned. The joint *does* work as a motor. And all my
> explosions are gone!

Cool!

> unless they're moving quickly, they're often not able to lift the
> structure... why should they be weaker? Is this just a matter of
> examining my forces and tweaking them until they work, or is something
> darker and more nefarious going on?

I'm not so sure about your 'speed' parameter.  I use the same sort of math
in Juice, but I call that factor "gain."  It does affect speed, but only
indirectly, so I'm not sure it makes sense to call it that.  Anyhow, I'd
try increasing that parameter, whatever you choose to call it. :-)

I'm not sure why it changed, but unless you have a reason to think of it
in terms of specific units (e.g. degrees per second), I wouldn't worry
about it.  Turn it up and see it things behave they way you want to them
to.

> BTW, I checked out Juice -- it's amazing.

Thanks!

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA