[ODE] ode & dynamic skeletal animationsystem

Dietmar Suoch dietmar.suoch at fhs-hagenberg.ac.at
Sun May 18 06:30:02 2003

Ronald Beirouti wrote:
> One way you might try to do this is by having two of your characters.
 > One will have strictly your animation on it.
> The other skeleton would be rigged up with all the dynamics,
 > i.e. constraints at the joints, mass, etc.
 > You would also add constraints between the two skelatons.
 > The second skeleton would be the result skeleton with all dynamics
 > applied and collision response. I think the constraints could be
 > spring constraints (you'll have to implement yourself) and would
 > connect the two skeletons at each joint. With a proper setup and
 > damping on the spring constraints you might end-up with a good result.

> Anyways, it looks like something simple enough to be worth a try.
>
> 	.. Ronald

you mean that the skeletons are root-wise at the same
place and limbs tied together with springs?

but does it make sense, when the spring constraint
is applied, i.e. to the rightupperleg-joint of both
skeletons. the first skeleton has no mass, so how
could it influence the other?

anyway, thank you very much for your idea ronald.

best regards
dietmar