[ODE] python bindings?

Paul Rudin paul.rudin at ntlworld.com
Sat May 17 23:42:02 2003

Matthias Baas <baas@ira.uka.de> writes:

> I finally took the time and packaged together what I have so far and
> put it online for those who already want to play around with it:
>
> http://i31www.ira.uka.de/~baas/pyode/
>
> You can download a Windows binary for Python 2.2.x or the sources. I'm
> using Pyrex to write the wrapper code, but the generated C file is
> also included (but then you have to modify the setup.py script so that
> it doesn't call pyrex anymore).

Thanks very much. I've just download and installed. When I try to import this happens:

>>> import ode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/ode.so: undefined symbol: __cxa_pure_virtual

Any suggestions as to what this might be about? TIA.