[ODE] Re-inventing the wheel

Ted Milker Ted Milker <tmilker at radiks.net>
Sat May 17 08:03:02 2003

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 06:57:01AM -0700, Shaul Kedem wrote:
>  - A note in each of the emails in this list pointing
> to help resources.

Yes, that should definately happen.

>  - Different forums: newbies, algorithms, advanced,
> error reporting, general discussion etc. - I was
> against it about a year ago, but since then the user
> base got bigger and nowadays we have 400(!) message in
> a good month...

No, splitting forums up doesn't help anything.  Then people just ask
questions in all of the forums and information gets spread out even
worse than it already is.  People who put in good information need to
update the wiki too, that's probably where we should focus.

>  - A tutorial: part of the "ODE for dummies" should be
> a tutorial(s?) giving the basics and maybe the more
> advanced stuff later on.
>
>  - Having some sort of common grounds: the
> mathematical bases , the physical bases and whatever
> is needed are very important as well.

More things that could be added to the wiki.

Just my two cents,
Ted