[ODE] python bindings?

Sean R. Lynch seanl at chaosring.org
Fri May 16 23:06:01 2003

--=-bEaoj49savvQ/MI2+n6X

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 22:39, Paul Rudin wrote:
> OK, well - I might have a go at writing some wrappers using boost
> python (http://www.boost.org/libs/python) myself - I'm just loath to
> re-invent the wheel if someone has already done it.=20
>=20
> Soya looks interesting - I might have to have a little play with
> that. Thanks for the link. I've been expermenting with the python
> interface for ogre (http://ogre.sourceforge.net) as a way of doing 3d
> rendering from python.=20

Boost Python looks interesting. I'll have to check that out. The Soya
team likes very high level interfaces, so they tend to build them by
hand.

OGRE doesn't seem to have released a Python interface since February
2002. Does the one in CVS actually work? Given how little mention Python
gets on their site, it doesn't seem like Python is a very high priority
to them. If it is, I may give OGRE a closer look.

Soya also supports Cal3d, which is nice, but I'm waiting for access to
actual joint positions rather than just starting and stopping
animations. Something that integrates bone animation with ODE would be
ideal so that models would look natural when being run over by a car or
thrown off a cliff.

--=20
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:
<http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=3Dkg6cvv>

--=-bEaoj49savvQ/MI2+n6X

--=-bEaoj49savvQ/MI2+n6X--