[ODE] Creating a TriList heightmap geom

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed May 14 00:31:02 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Aras Pranckevicius wrote:

> Anyone else tried tri-collider for vehicles? Or should I convert OPCODE so
> that it also uses double precision? :)

I had cars working pretty well on tri-collider terrain in Juice.  I ran
into wacky-wheel syndrome at high speeds but at lower speeds things worked
pretty well.

Then I updated to the new collisions system and added support for the
iterative solver, and somewhere along the way, I broke the terrain stuff.
I haven't had time to fix it yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how
cars work with the iterative solver.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA