[ODE] Creating a TriList heightmap geom

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Mon May 12 09:36:02 2003

> gl has one at http://r-i-l.net/_files/ODE/dHeightfield0.1b.zip
> which looks neat, but I haven't tried it myself.

Yes, hi all.  Give it a try - right now it only supports spheres,.and
assumes +y is up/height.  I keep meaning to work on it, but every time I
think I have a clear shot something comes up.  Not sure when I'll be able to
get back to it.

The latest is that my ray collider is coded, but buggy.  Fabian Herb wanted
direct access to his data (rather than using my more flexible, but less
optimal callback approach), so he started implementing that.  He's also been
working on box collisions, but they're not done yet.  Also missing are the
two cylinder types.

If anybody wants to contribute any colliders etc, please do - the framework
is already in place.  If you do, please use ODE math where possible (eg.
using dReal, and calls like dDOT etc).
--
gl