[ODE] Creating a TriList heightmap geom

juhani honkala juhnu at all-m.com
Mon May 12 05:48:02 2003

Got tricollider with opcode runnign as well but..

Is it just me or doesn't it sound a bit unoptimal to use
TriCollider for the collisions between standard geoms
and (heightfield)landscape. Would be nice to have a 'heightmap' geom or
something. I'm sure that would
be useful and poised to come quite popular, coz many
ppl are using tricollider for the landscape.

Maybe someone here has done a one already and would like to contribute it to
the community???

Oh.. I have a one question as well.

How does tricollider optimize the trimesh? Can i just
give an enormous chunk of polygons.. like millions that
define a heightmap? Or should I use multiple patches?

thanks.

juhani