[ODE] Re: A fix for the bendy wheels (with code)

Michael Bailey mike-ba at cox.net
Sun May 11 08:29:01 2003

>>Hi Michael,
>>Good seeing you again :)
>>What is the trick to making this patch work ? If I call this function for
>>all my hinge2s, then it seems to make matters worse and given high enough
>>rotation speed eventually the whole system explodes (the car does some
>>pretty cool loopings in the air, but it's not really what I am looking
for).
>>Maybe it's a sign problem ?
>>- Marco Grubert

Hi Marco,

Gee, no tricks that I know of, it just works for me.  If there's a problem
in my code (this is a possibility for sure!), I'd like to work it out so
everyone here could use it.  Some things to try:  1. I use sphere collision
shapes for my wheels.  2. Make sure no collision occurs between the cars
body and wheels.

It could be that your wheels are spinning so fast that you are experiencing
problem #3 in my first post.

I'd be happy to email you a sample of the before and after this patch.  It
works really!

Regards,
Mike
Radish Works