[ODE] BSP And ODE?

Nathan Ostgard nostgard at lvcm.com
Thu May 8 02:57:01 2003

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. It could probably be optimized even
more, but it's most definitely a better solution than using the faces
intended for rendering only.

No, that's just my guess from looking at the code used and the speed of
Quake 3's BSP utility. But you could always process it once and then write
to a cache file somewhere in your game folder, so that the next time the
game loads the map it will load from that cache instead.

I've started working on pulling my old Quake 3 BSP code into my current
engine, and I'm going to implement what I'm talking about... I'll let you
know how it goes.

Nathan Ostgard