[ODE] Another Tri-Collider Question

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Tue May 6 04:25:02 2003

> I've got a sphere and a simple flat mesh (a few triangles forming a
square),
> I've got gravity turned on and when the sphere drops down onto the mesh it
> (the sphere) starts jittering up and down slightly. The tri-collider is
> slightly different to gl's one (or whichever one I ended up with) in that
it
> uses floats for everything, but I don't think that's the problem.

I was having exactly the same problems (plus the more annoying one - the
objects seemed to "fear the wireframe" - they bounced up a little on
triangle boundaries). When I switched to double precision, they still
remained, but became much less pronounced. Yes, Opcode still uses single
precision, but when ODE was in double precision, it seemed to help.

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/