[ODE] Update on 2d ODE library

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sun May 4 18:32:01 2003

On Sun, 4 May 2003 caj@cs.york.ac.uk wrote:

> I will eventually open-source it, but for the near future I'd like to
> write all of it myself, because at some point I'm going to try for a
> (probably game-related) job, and I imagine being able to say "I wrote
> all this" will be a bonus to getting it :)

FWIW, I did the same thing with Juice, with the similar reasoning.

> 1) Has anyone actually ever written a program that uses more than one
> "world"? Seems annoying having them in the API all the time if no-one uses
> them..

It might be helpful to be able to create and destroy the world to help
ensure a complete system reset/restart.  Preserving a single world
for the application's lifetime might actually be even more tedious that
creating and destroying as needed.

Also, I find that using create/destroy functions helps me keep my code
cleaner - it forces me to use member variables rather than globals, for
example.

Whichever path you choose, I look forward to the results. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA