[ODE] drawing code

Frank C. pox at planetquake.com
Sat May 3 13:00:02 2003

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 03:25  PM, John DeWeese wrote:

> Although I agree that it's important to distribute ODE with batteries
> included, there are tradeoffs in using drawstuff to do this. drawstuff
> is much like a mini-GLUT, except with more bugs and less cross platform
> support. For example, drawstuff doesn't get many keystrokes properly
> (eg. ctrl-x) on windows, and X support doesn't work on IRIX. I'm not
> complaining in abstract here; I actually use ODE on IRIX as well as
> Win-n-Lin(tm).  :)

That's *exactly* what the Mac CFM Carbon contrib does - and GLUT is
GLUT, so it will work on any system (with a few #ifdef's around the Mac
specific SIOUX console functions). I, like you, didn't see a point in
rewriting Drawstuff itself, just the system interface to Drawstuff. In
fact, other than some filepath issues, I didn't have to modify
Drawstuff at all - it's pretty darn cross-platform as it is.

Frank.