[ODE] setting body positions/orientations

david@csworkbench.com david at csworkbench.com
Mon Mar 31 01:46:01 2003

The way I see it, you'll have to update anyway.... because you can't get
the joint velocity parameters that one person just adjusted (by turning or
moving or whatever) until after the timestep to apply it has already
passed (unless you plan to get them to the server and back to everyone
else in the game between _every_ frame... I dunno, is that doable?).  And
since you're going to update positions periodically anyway, you might as
well let the people with fast computers enjoy their expensive hardware.