Re[4]: [ODE] Bug in dCylinder contrib

slipch slipch <slipch at gsc-game.kiev.ua>
Mon Mar 31 00:56:11 2003

Hello P,

Monday, March 31, 2003, 8:23:42 AM, you wrote:

PB> Hi,

PB> There is a similar problem in dCylinderAABB, and the x
PB> and y values of the aabb change depending on the
PB> cylinders orientation.

I do not see problems in  dCylinderAABB.
Can you  explain it more explicitly?

PB> Also, I have noticed that colliding between a cylinder
PB> and a plane seems to be slower than between a cylinder
PB> and a box...

I think LCP rather than collision is slower in cylinder - plane
case. It is because of additional contact points. Unfortunately
cyl-plane ignores "flags" so it is impossible to restrict number of
contacts in this case. But it is not too difficult to fix it.

Best regards,
 Konstantin Slipchenko                            mailto:slipch@gsc-game.kiev.ua