[ODE] Contacts Problem

Ander Taylor ander_taylor at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:38:01 2003

Hi All,

I have a problem that I hope someone maybe able to help me with.

If I call dCollide with the max contacts set to anything higher than 1 I get
an error saying:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

   at dWorldStep(dxWorld* , Double )
   at ODEDotNet.mWorld.Step(Double stepSize)

This happens when I try to step the world.

As far as I can see dxWorld* is null. If I catch the exception and ignore
it, after a short time my dxWorld* becomes good again and everything carry's
on!

As you can see from the error message I am calling dCollide through a .Net
wrapper.

What I want to know has anyone else had similar problems when using ODE
without a wrapper?

Cheer,

Ander

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp