[ODE] iterative solver: testing needed

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 30 23:39:01 2003

> > As far as the micro-jitter/driving around problem goes, I imagine all
code
> > that employs the iterative solver will have it's own way of resolving
that
> > through the use of body disabling (which should work now, I'm about to
> > start testing it).  I'll put an example into test_crash for people to
use
> > as a reference point (and see how big a wall I can build then :).  I
> > figure I'll go through after each step and disable all bodies who's
> > velocity components (angular and linear) are all less than .01 (probably
> > be tweaked).

Oh btw, it's best to have two params - the minimum absolute angular/linear
velocity threshhold, and the amount of time they have to stay below it until
things are disabled.  My current values (for real world metrics) are

minvel = 0.100000 m/s
mintime = 2.000000s

They're pretty ruthless (but efficient) - you may want to try more
conservative values.
--
gl