[ODE] Flight simulation with ODE

amundbørsand amund at c2i.net
Fri Mar 28 04:01:01 2003

(Sorry, sent to the wrong address)

> > Just finished a small test, would be fun to hear if it works on other
> > computers than mine!.
> Works for me.  Nice job!
> Are you using an ODE body for the aircraft, and applying forces to it
> based on wing parameters and control surface deflections?

GReat job! This is what I'm trying to do to car simulators - use real
physics (suspension/tire friction etc.) to place the car, instead of
just putting it on the ground and rotating it when the player press
"turn". About time somebody does it to flight simulators as well! Would
be really interesting if the planes actually act realistically, even
when pushed (stalling, spinning etc.).

Works great on my computer, except that the "aileron" (or how you spell
it) is stuck to -1.000, so the plane keeps spinning unless I press "right"
to keep it straight. I'm just using the keyboard, have no joystick.