[ODE] Collision CSG?

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 27 03:25:02 2003

gl wrote:
> I wondered for a while whether it's possible to do something akin to CSG
> with collision primitives - that would be really handy.  For example,
> imagine a hollow glass sphere that has small objects inside it.  If you
> could use a collision sphere, and then subtract a smaller collision sphere
> from it, you could do this with just two primitives.  I don't know if this
> is feasible though (contact generation might be hard) - any thoughts?

I've been wondering about this too but never tried yet: could
you just invert the contact point's normal and(/or) depth before
contact joint generation to effectively have objects bounce against
the inside of a geom instead of its outside...?

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
... but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him into space.