[ODE] FAQ? unresolved external symbol

John DeWeese deweese at ict.usc.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:04:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2--468737173

You may find it helpful to look at the appropriate section of the Wiki=20=

FAQ (as opposed to the built-in FAQ) if you are building with MSVC7. I=20=

actually used the command-line-only build process because I found it to=20=

be easier than trying to piece together a project file.

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 10:30 PM, jeff clune wrote:

> Hello,
>
> =A0
>
> I am posting this question after having spent days trying to solve it=20=

> without bothering all of you. I am new to the software and have had=20
> trouble compiling the demos in Visual C++ with the PLATFORM=3Dmsvc=20
> setting in config/user-settings.
>
> =A0
>
> A Google search of q12.org shows that 11 people posted the same=20
> problem I am having but none of them appear to have received a=20
> response. Can you please help?
>
> =A0
>
> A typical build yields 40 errors similar to this one:
>
> =A0
>
> test_chain2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol=20
> _dCreatePlane
>
> =A0
>
> (the entire error paste is below).
>
> =A0
>
> =A0
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> =A0
>
> I am truly grateful for your help.
>
> -Chris

--Apple-Mail-2--468737173

You may find it helpful to look at the appropriate section of the Wiki
FAQ (as opposed to the built-in FAQ) if you are building with MSVC7. I
actually used the command-line-only build process because I found it
to be easier than trying to piece together a project file.